Winterfell, A Game of Thrones Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winterfell, A Game of Thrones Experience

Welcome

HomeCalendarEventsFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Roles and how you look.
UNITY D20 Dice System - NOT REQUIRED I_icon_minitimeSat 05 Nov 2022, 21:40 by Eva
<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

-:¦:-☆-:¦:-☆-:¦:-☆-:¦:- Main objective: Have fun and play! -:¦:-☆-:¦:-☆-:¦:-☆-:¦:-

Your role in Winterfell may be found in a variety of places or you may choose to settle into one …

Comments: 0
While you wait for Approval
UNITY D20 Dice System - NOT REQUIRED I_icon_minitimeSat 05 Nov 2022, 21:38 by Eva
While a group of deranged, but highly skilled monkeys scream and toss papers around..

I mean-- while the members of the Admin Team review your application ---- Typically we will get back with you and get you set up pretty quick! Feel free to ask questions in the meantime.

* Go ahead grab the landmark for this place and save it in your favorites. You will want to keep it, as each week …

Additional Staff Needed
UNITY D20 Dice System - NOT REQUIRED I_icon_minitimeSat 05 Nov 2022, 21:35 by Eva
Welcome. We hope you enjoy Winterfell and the Game of Throne experience it provides. We want you to be an active player in our role play community here. Please join us in character, bring the world to life and have fun.

If you have appetite for more, you may already know it takes a lot to make an RP Sim a success and your Out of Character (OOC) contributions are welcome as well.

We have …

Latest topics
» ALWAYS NEEDED
UNITY D20 Dice System - NOT REQUIRED I_icon_minitimeSat 21 Jan 2023, 06:14 by Saybera Stark

» House Bolton Jobs
UNITY D20 Dice System - NOT REQUIRED I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2022, 16:11 by Theory

» Who is Who in House Bolton
UNITY D20 Dice System - NOT REQUIRED I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2022, 16:05 by Theory

» House Bolton-What is Known
UNITY D20 Dice System - NOT REQUIRED I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2022, 16:04 by Theory

» Current House Positions and accepting
UNITY D20 Dice System - NOT REQUIRED I_icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2022, 18:09 by Lillian Llewellyn

» CURRENT MEMBERS OF HOUSE MANDERLY
UNITY D20 Dice System - NOT REQUIRED I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2022, 13:38 by Kina Mistwalker

» HELD AND AVAILABLE ROLES FOR HOUSE STARK
UNITY D20 Dice System - NOT REQUIRED I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2022, 08:16 by Saybera Stark

» CURRENT FAMILY HOUSEHOLD AND OPENINGS:
UNITY D20 Dice System - NOT REQUIRED I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2022, 15:11 by Saybera Stark

» ABOUT HOUSE STARK
UNITY D20 Dice System - NOT REQUIRED I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2022, 14:45 by Saybera Stark

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

UNITY D20 Dice System - NOT REQUIRED

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eva

UNITY D20 Dice System - NOT REQUIRED Empty
PostSubject: UNITY D20 Dice System - NOT REQUIRED   UNITY D20 Dice System - NOT REQUIRED I_icon_minitimeSat 05 Nov 2022, 21:06

The D20 HUD has three "buttons" - Strength, Dexterity, Wisdom. When worn, the HUD reads those stats from your meter. When you then
click one of those buttons, the HUD produces a random number between 0 and 20 and then adds to it the value of that button stat. So
for instance, if you have a meter stat for Strength of 3, and your HUD produces a roll of 12, your attack roll will be 15 points. The result of
each roll is announced in open chat. Each stat has a specific action as listed below.

Strength: used for melee attack (weapons/fists/grappling)
Dexterity: used to evade/dodge/parry/counter
Wisdom: used for spells/summoning/transformations

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
✜ COMBAT ROUNDS ✜
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

There are two main types of rounds in D20 combat: Attack rounds and Defense rounds.

● On the attack round, the attacking party will call out what the attack will be. They will then click the roller using the required stat. The
roller will automatically add the combined sum of the roll with the stat relative to the action.

● On the defense round, the defending party will try to counter this attack by calling out their defense: block/evade/counter/etc.
They will then click the roller using the required stat. The roller will automatically add the combined sum of the roll with the stat
relative to the action.

● If your character owns a minion or pet, you may also roll for your minion/pet’s attack and defense, but you should include them in
the same emote,

● If the attacking roll is higher than the defending roll, the attack is successful and the defending party takes the damage. If the attacking
roll is lower than the defense roll, the attack fails.

EXAMPLE:

Brute is a Warrior attempting to punch Willy the Witch. Both players would roll the D20. Then each player would emote the
appropriate response to attack/defend.

[10:12 PM] Brute rolls: 13+(3str)=16
[10:12 PM] Willy rolls: 16+(2dex)=18

In this case, Willy barely manages to dodge the punch, and is now in a position to counter with his own attack. Both players again
roll the D20 and emote the appropriate response to attack/defend.

[10:13 PM] Willy rolls: 9+(7wis)=16
[10:13 PM] Brute rolls: 6+(3dex)=9

Willy counter attacks to cast a stun spell, and Brute's movement to evade fails. Brute gets stunned.

Note: 10 points above the attacking/defending roll is considered a critical success

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
✜ D20 SUCCESS/FAILURE SCALE FOR SPELL CASTING ✜
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

If you wish to use the dice to help determine if a spell succeeds or fails, you can use the following method:

points result

1 Critical Failure! An absolute fumble! Possibly incur some kind of damage as a backlash.

2-10 Failure! Your character did not succeed in their attempt. Causes a huge drain, possibly moderate damage and/or side affects.

11-19 Success! Your character succeeded, good job! Causes moderate drain with some possible moderate to minor side effects.

20+ Critical Success! They did so well, they were a little bit epic! Have some minor affect that does not last long

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
✜ TYPE/EXAMPLES OF COMBAT ACTIONS ✜
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

In this section we’ll go over the typical sorts of actions one can make during D20 combat.

● Attack– When it's the Attack round, of course, you can attack! Your character may attack a target of choice, in whatever fashion
they want- be it melee, ranged, magically, chemically- whatever works. If you critically succeed on your dice roll when attacking,
you deal extra damage to one target -- OR -- if capable, you can Heal or Buff in addition to a normal attack!

● Defense– When it's the Defense round, characters need to defend from an attack. Sometimes, it’s only specific characters, and
sometimes it’s everyone. If you make a critical success, you can defend someone else that was not so successful, or counter-attack,
dealing damage to your attacker! If you were not attacked at all, you can during this turn, attack the enemy, buff, or heal.

● Healing– During an Attack round, instead of attacking, your character may heal themselves or others! This action does not require
a roll, but you can only heal 1 point at a time during combat. Outside of combat, you can work at your own pace. If your character
has no capability for healing themselves or others quickly, they cannot take this action.

● AOE– Some characters have spells that deal area damage. If your character has this capability, roll the attack as normal. If you
succeed, you may choose an area to attack. Everything within that area may take damage, including your allies. You cannot critically
strike in this manner.

● Buff– During an Attack round, your character may perform an action that benefits others’ abilities! This can be magical, alchemical,
or merely an inspiring or threatening speech. This provides a temporary boost to either attack or defense, and does not need to be
rolled for. Buffs take effect the turn after they were cast, and usually only last a short time. Only one buff can be active at a time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

♦ Failbreaker

Nobody likes bad RNG! If you get three failures in a row during combat, your next combat roll is an immediate standard success, no
roll required.

♦ Travel Time / Combat Time

Keep in mind that combat goes much faster than it is being roleplayed. For example: a combat scene that takes an hour to complete
in real time, realistically might have only taken ten minutes in the story. As such, typical combat rounds are only considered to take
four or six seconds in-character. Keep this in mind when roleplaying during or around combat- even talking takes time!

♦ Skills

If your character is good at something, make certain you make the most of it! Let’s say during combat, a thief wanted to steal a
precious gem from within a secured location. That player would roll for it to decide the results. Be honest as to the capabilities of
your character.

♦ Other Possibilities

Does your character have an idea that might make an upcoming battle easier, or perhaps an idea in the midst of battle that might
solve a big problem? Speak up! Strategy can make the entire combat scenario even more interesting. D20 is not always rigid, and many
things can change the course of a combat situation, such as laying a trap, preparing a counter-attack, having a battle formation,
spotting the enemy’s weak spot, scouting out the location of an enemy, or even avoiding the problem altogether. Be clever and have fun
Back to top Go down

UNITY D20 Dice System - NOT REQUIRED
Page 1 of 1