Winterfell, A Game of Thrones Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winterfell, A Game of Thrones Experience

Welcome

HomeCalendarEventsFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Roles and how you look.
SETTING UP YOUR HUD I_icon_minitimeSat 05 Nov 2022, 21:40 by Eva
<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

-:¦:-☆-:¦:-☆-:¦:-☆-:¦:- Main objective: Have fun and play! -:¦:-☆-:¦:-☆-:¦:-☆-:¦:-

Your role in Winterfell may be found in a variety of places or you may choose to settle into one …

Comments: 0
While you wait for Approval
SETTING UP YOUR HUD I_icon_minitimeSat 05 Nov 2022, 21:38 by Eva
While a group of deranged, but highly skilled monkeys scream and toss papers around..

I mean-- while the members of the Admin Team review your application ---- Typically we will get back with you and get you set up pretty quick! Feel free to ask questions in the meantime.

* Go ahead grab the landmark for this place and save it in your favorites. You will want to keep it, as each week …

Additional Staff Needed
SETTING UP YOUR HUD I_icon_minitimeSat 05 Nov 2022, 21:35 by Eva
Welcome. We hope you enjoy Winterfell and the Game of Throne experience it provides. We want you to be an active player in our role play community here. Please join us in character, bring the world to life and have fun.

If you have appetite for more, you may already know it takes a lot to make an RP Sim a success and your Out of Character (OOC) contributions are welcome as well.

We have …

Latest topics
» ALWAYS NEEDED
SETTING UP YOUR HUD I_icon_minitimeSat 21 Jan 2023, 06:14 by Saybera Stark

» House Bolton Jobs
SETTING UP YOUR HUD I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2022, 16:11 by Theory

» Who is Who in House Bolton
SETTING UP YOUR HUD I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2022, 16:05 by Theory

» House Bolton-What is Known
SETTING UP YOUR HUD I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2022, 16:04 by Theory

» Current House Positions and accepting
SETTING UP YOUR HUD I_icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2022, 18:09 by Lillian Llewellyn

» CURRENT MEMBERS OF HOUSE MANDERLY
SETTING UP YOUR HUD I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2022, 13:38 by Kina Mistwalker

» HELD AND AVAILABLE ROLES FOR HOUSE STARK
SETTING UP YOUR HUD I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2022, 08:16 by Saybera Stark

» CURRENT FAMILY HOUSEHOLD AND OPENINGS:
SETTING UP YOUR HUD I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2022, 15:11 by Saybera Stark

» ABOUT HOUSE STARK
SETTING UP YOUR HUD I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2022, 14:45 by Saybera Stark

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

SETTING UP YOUR HUD

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eva

SETTING UP YOUR HUD Empty
PostSubject: SETTING UP YOUR HUD   SETTING UP YOUR HUD I_icon_minitimeSat 05 Nov 2022, 21:08

INSTRUCTIONS (if you read nothing else, read Step 4!)

The following process will allow you to quickly set up and be ready to use your new meter. These instructions are for NEW USERS only. If you are
upgrading from a previous version of Unity Maxim, please see the notecard named "!! READ THIS FIRST !!.

Step 1: Wear the Unity HUD, Unity Meter and Unity Setup HUD.

Step 2: On the Setup HUD, click on the options one by one:

Voice - this allows you to select a voice for when you are hit or hurt. You may select masculine, feminine or custom. There are instructions
in the package that detail how to set up a custom sound for your voice. If you make no selection, the voice is masculine.

Class - this allows you to select the class you will belong to, and establishes your base level of health and stamina. You should make this
selection in consultation with your sim owner or GM.

Race - this allows you to select from a wide range of races. Please see the "Races in Unity Maxim" notecard that came with your package.
Simply type in the name of the race, being careful of spelling/punctuation.

Title - You may enter any title you want, but do not use commas (they will be ignored). You can enter several lines of text if you are
wanting to display role play information (e.g. "appears to be 25 years old").

Step 3: Installing additional Spells & Skills

There are 5 spells that are "personal" spells installed in the HUD. You can install additional spells as desired. For specific instructions on
installing, please read the notecard "Setting up Spells & Skills" that came in your package.

Step 4: READ THIS CAREFULLY!!

BACKING UP YOUR METER STATS: Once you have been using the meter for a while you will have accumulated stats for experience, increased
your level (rank), and obtained points in strength, dexterity or wisdom. If you subsequently wear the Setup HUD and make ANY change to
your meter (e.g. changing your title or class) without first backing it up to your Setup HUD, you will lose all data!

So...before you make ANY change to the Setup HUD, click on the R in the circle at the bottom of the HUD and SAVE your meter setting to it.
Additionally, you can make a copy of the Setup HUD at any time, thus keeping a backup in case something happens.

On the HUD (upper left of screen) you will see an Options button labeled "O". Those options will vary based upon your particular sim's setup. The basic
Unity Maxim HUD, however, has the following:

Normal - sets your meter to full normal display
Tournament - sets the meter for tournament play and shows only health and stamina stats
Display - sets several options for the display of text above your head
OOC - sets the meter to inoperative, in Out of Character mode
Magic - these buttons set your resistance to magic spells. When set, these also drain stamina at a rate of 1 point per 10 minutes for every level.
Armor - these buttons set your resistance to weapon damage. When set, these also drain stamina at a rate of 1 point per 10 minutes for every level.
Flyer - lowers health and increases stamina for a non-combatant. This equalizes the difficulty of hitting a flying opponent.
Flying Archer - lowers health and stamina for a combatant. This equalizes the difficulty of hitting a flying opponent.
Flying Caster - lowers health and stamina for a combatant. This equalizes the difficulty of hitting a flying opponent.
Colors - allows you to set the color of the text above your head.

There are 3 stats that you can use to mold your character: Strength, Dexterity, Wisdom. You may distribute a maximum of 20 points among these
three stats. For most sims, you must choose specific activities to do that. For instance, if you want your Wisdom stat to be highest, participate
in sim activities (classes, role play, etc) where you earn those specific points. Consult with your sim owner/GM for specifics.

At any time you can click on the Reset button (labeled "R") on the HUD, taking you back to full stats. This does NOT erase any of your setup
information or stats.

Back to top Go down

SETTING UP YOUR HUD
Page 1 of 1