Winterfell, A Game of Thrones Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winterfell, A Game of Thrones Experience

Welcome

HomeCalendarEventsFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Roles and how you look.
Setting up Spells & Skills - BY PERMISSION ONLY I_icon_minitimeSat 05 Nov 2022, 21:40 by Eva
<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

-:¦:-☆-:¦:-☆-:¦:-☆-:¦:- Main objective: Have fun and play! -:¦:-☆-:¦:-☆-:¦:-☆-:¦:-

Your role in Winterfell may be found in a variety of places or you may choose to settle into one …

Comments: 0
While you wait for Approval
Setting up Spells & Skills - BY PERMISSION ONLY I_icon_minitimeSat 05 Nov 2022, 21:38 by Eva
While a group of deranged, but highly skilled monkeys scream and toss papers around..

I mean-- while the members of the Admin Team review your application ---- Typically we will get back with you and get you set up pretty quick! Feel free to ask questions in the meantime.

* Go ahead grab the landmark for this place and save it in your favorites. You will want to keep it, as each week …

Additional Staff Needed
Setting up Spells & Skills - BY PERMISSION ONLY I_icon_minitimeSat 05 Nov 2022, 21:35 by Eva
Welcome. We hope you enjoy Winterfell and the Game of Throne experience it provides. We want you to be an active player in our role play community here. Please join us in character, bring the world to life and have fun.

If you have appetite for more, you may already know it takes a lot to make an RP Sim a success and your Out of Character (OOC) contributions are welcome as well.

We have …

Latest topics
» ALWAYS NEEDED
Setting up Spells & Skills - BY PERMISSION ONLY I_icon_minitimeSat 21 Jan 2023, 06:14 by Saybera Stark

» House Bolton Jobs
Setting up Spells & Skills - BY PERMISSION ONLY I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2022, 16:11 by Theory

» Who is Who in House Bolton
Setting up Spells & Skills - BY PERMISSION ONLY I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2022, 16:05 by Theory

» House Bolton-What is Known
Setting up Spells & Skills - BY PERMISSION ONLY I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2022, 16:04 by Theory

» Current House Positions and accepting
Setting up Spells & Skills - BY PERMISSION ONLY I_icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2022, 18:09 by Lillian Llewellyn

» CURRENT MEMBERS OF HOUSE MANDERLY
Setting up Spells & Skills - BY PERMISSION ONLY I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2022, 13:38 by Kina Mistwalker

» HELD AND AVAILABLE ROLES FOR HOUSE STARK
Setting up Spells & Skills - BY PERMISSION ONLY I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2022, 08:16 by Saybera Stark

» CURRENT FAMILY HOUSEHOLD AND OPENINGS:
Setting up Spells & Skills - BY PERMISSION ONLY I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2022, 15:11 by Saybera Stark

» ABOUT HOUSE STARK
Setting up Spells & Skills - BY PERMISSION ONLY I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2022, 14:45 by Saybera Stark

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Setting up Spells & Skills - BY PERMISSION ONLY

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eva

Setting up Spells & Skills - BY PERMISSION ONLY Empty
PostSubject: Setting up Spells & Skills - BY PERMISSION ONLY   Setting up Spells & Skills - BY PERMISSION ONLY I_icon_minitimeSat 05 Nov 2022, 21:11

<<-------------------------------------------- for best reading, expand window till this line is unbroken --------------------------------------------->>

Unity Maxim - Setting up Spells & Skills

USING & RESIZING YOUR HUD
Your HUD is modifiable, but please be cautious in doing so. If you want to make the HUD larger, select the entire HUD and
use the corner handle to drag it larger. You cannot make it smaller, as the lettering is as small as can be done.

There are two buttons on the HUD that perform the normal functions that were in previous Unity meters. The button
on the top left "O" will give you the normal Options menu. The button on the right, "R", is the reset button. This resets
the Unity Meter. The lower button has been previously described.

BASIC SETTING UP - Drop In !

To add spells or skills to your HUD

* Find the HUD in your inventory and REZ IT ON THE GROUND. You cannot add spells to the HUD while it is attached.
Right-click on the HUD, and from the circle menu that pops up, click on Edit. That will open another window that
displays the contents of the HUD.

* Again in your personal inventory, locate the spells you want to place in the HUD. Select those and simply drag-n-drop them
into the HUD. The HUD will immediately register the change and add the spell to your list.

* Take the HUD back into inventory, and "wear" it. You can scroll through the list by clicking on the < > arrows at the
bottom of the HUD next to the S button.

* That's it!

ADVANCED SETUP - Ordering your Spells

While it is not necessary, you may set the order of the spells in your HUD so that your most utilized spells show in the order
you want. This allows you to build grouped preferences (e.g. heals, damage, traps) in pages of 8 spells, or simply to place your
most frequently used spells at the beginning. You need to be aware, however, that if you add spells subsequent to setting
the order, you will need to reset the order. Spells are listed in the inventory in alphabetical order, so additions change the
numbering of the spells in the HUD. Nonetheless, to order the spells:

* Click on the S button at the bottom of the HUD. This will pop up a Dialog box in the upper right of your screen, as
well and giving you a list of the current spells in your HUD.

* Open the chat window to view the list of your available spells. In the Dialog box, type in the NUMBER of each spell,
separated by a comma. They can be entered in any order. For instance, if you have 8 spells you could see:

* Click on the SUBMIT button in the dialog box, and your spells will be so ordered.

Again, if you add spells to your HUD you will need to redo this ordering.

USING YOUR SPELLS

The new HUD comes with 8 gestures that you will need to Activate. These correspond to the eight number keys on your
keyboard (1-Cool. To cast a spell you have two options:

* Look at the HUD and determine the number of the spell you want to cast. For instance, if you want to cast the
sixth spell down from the top, tap number key 6 and it will cast that spell. As you page through spells, this will
remain constant. So, these 8 gestures work for any number of pages of spells.

* Alternatively, you can simply click the HUD on the spell you want to cast. This is not recommended for spells that
"shoot" at an avatar, as aim is not in the least precise out of mouselook.

COOL DOWN & MANA

In addition to the HUD's global cool down of 2 seconds, every spell has its own cool-down period. When you cast a spell
you will see that it is grayed out in the list of spells. This means the spell is not available till the cool-down time is up.
When the spell is again ready, it will no longer be grayed out. Please note: you cannot cast a spell and then scroll to
a different page of spells. You can only move from page to page if ALL of the spells are free from cool-down.

Mana cost for all spells is 2 points, and that regenerates every 10 seconds. However, when your Mana is depleted, you
can still cast spells - at a cost of 5 stamina for every cast. If your Class is set to Mage, Mystic, Shield Mage or Samurai
your Mana will be higher, and will scale higher as you advance.

SCALED POWER FOR SPELLS

There are a few spells that will scale in power as you advance in level - primarily, any spell that shoots a projectile at
a single avatar. These spells will scale up just as do melee weapons and ranged weapons. Area of Affect (AOE) spells
generally will not be scalable, as their power already scales based on the number of avatars impacted by them.

Back to top Go down

Setting up Spells & Skills - BY PERMISSION ONLY
Page 1 of 1