Winterfell, A Game of Thrones Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winterfell, A Game of Thrones Experience

Welcome

HomeCalendarEventsFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Roles and how you look.
SETTING CUSTOM VOICE I_icon_minitimeSat 05 Nov 2022, 21:40 by Eva
<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

-:¦:-☆-:¦:-☆-:¦:-☆-:¦:- Main objective: Have fun and play! -:¦:-☆-:¦:-☆-:¦:-☆-:¦:-

Your role in Winterfell may be found in a variety of places or you may choose to settle into one …

Comments: 0
While you wait for Approval
SETTING CUSTOM VOICE I_icon_minitimeSat 05 Nov 2022, 21:38 by Eva
While a group of deranged, but highly skilled monkeys scream and toss papers around..

I mean-- while the members of the Admin Team review your application ---- Typically we will get back with you and get you set up pretty quick! Feel free to ask questions in the meantime.

* Go ahead grab the landmark for this place and save it in your favorites. You will want to keep it, as each week …

Additional Staff Needed
SETTING CUSTOM VOICE I_icon_minitimeSat 05 Nov 2022, 21:35 by Eva
Welcome. We hope you enjoy Winterfell and the Game of Throne experience it provides. We want you to be an active player in our role play community here. Please join us in character, bring the world to life and have fun.

If you have appetite for more, you may already know it takes a lot to make an RP Sim a success and your Out of Character (OOC) contributions are welcome as well.

We have …

Latest topics
» ALWAYS NEEDED
SETTING CUSTOM VOICE I_icon_minitimeSat 21 Jan 2023, 06:14 by Saybera Stark

» House Bolton Jobs
SETTING CUSTOM VOICE I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2022, 16:11 by Theory

» Who is Who in House Bolton
SETTING CUSTOM VOICE I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2022, 16:05 by Theory

» House Bolton-What is Known
SETTING CUSTOM VOICE I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2022, 16:04 by Theory

» Current House Positions and accepting
SETTING CUSTOM VOICE I_icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2022, 18:09 by Lillian Llewellyn

» CURRENT MEMBERS OF HOUSE MANDERLY
SETTING CUSTOM VOICE I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2022, 13:38 by Kina Mistwalker

» HELD AND AVAILABLE ROLES FOR HOUSE STARK
SETTING CUSTOM VOICE I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2022, 08:16 by Saybera Stark

» CURRENT FAMILY HOUSEHOLD AND OPENINGS:
SETTING CUSTOM VOICE I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2022, 15:11 by Saybera Stark

» ABOUT HOUSE STARK
SETTING CUSTOM VOICE I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2022, 14:45 by Saybera Stark

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

SETTING CUSTOM VOICE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eva

SETTING CUSTOM VOICE Empty
PostSubject: SETTING CUSTOM VOICE   SETTING CUSTOM VOICE I_icon_minitimeSat 05 Nov 2022, 21:12

I have eliminated the need to select a gender on the Unity Maxim meter, replacing it with Voice selection. The gender
setting did nothing more than choose between inbuilt male and female sounds, and was not used anywhere else. With the
new ability to add your OWN sounds, having to select a gender seems silly. With Unity you are now able to add custom
sounds that activate when (a) you get hit with a weapon and (b) when you are defeated and collapse. These can be very
helpful when you are sparring or fighting, as you will be able to distinguish YOUR sound from the sound of your opponent(s).
There are no limits on what the sounds can be (funny, dramatic, monster, animal, etc) although sims might frown upon
some as inappropriate. I'll let sims work that out.

There are sounds already built in (now selectable as voices, "masculine" or "feminine", but if you want to personalize your
meter then please follow these instructions carefully.

1. Wear your Unity Maxim Setup HUD and SAVE YOUR METER SETTINGS TO THE HUD. Please do not overlook this.
The minute you drag the new sounds into the meter, it will reset and all your stats data will be lost!

2. Find a sound that you would like to use for the "hit" and one for the "die" sound. The "hit" sound should be no more
than 0.5 seconds in length, preferably closer to 0.35. The "die" sound can be longer, as your avatar will be rotating
and falling on the ground. Both of these sounds MUST be 44100 mhz, mono and in .wav format. If you need to you
can convert sounds to this format using the free Audacity software (https://www.audacityteam.org/). THESE SOUNDS
MUST BE SET TO FULL PERMISSION in order to drag them into the meter.

3. Rename your sounds exactly as listed below:

name function
-----------------------
hit the name of the hit sound
die the name of the die sound

You may have ONLY these two sounds in the meter, but can use built-in sounds too (eg. add only a "hit" sound but
utilize the built in "die" sound).

4. Wear your meter. Turn on Transparency so you can see the little red box above your head. Select that box and
"edit" it, opening the contents window.

5. Open your avatar inventory, locate and drag the new sounds into the meter inventory. Please do not do this
until you have done Step 1. The meter will automatically reset.

6. Click on the VOICE button on the setup HUD and select Custom. This will set your meter to use the new sounds, and
will restore your saved meter stats.
Back to top Go down

SETTING CUSTOM VOICE
Page 1 of 1